Thursday, September 02, 2010

Pork Binagoongan

The husband has requested for me to cook Pork Binagoongan for him, and so I did...

Here's my version of Pork Binagoongan which I cooked last night for dinner...

Deep-fried and pressure-cooked pork. Bagoong. White Wine Vinegar. Garlic. Onions. Tomatoes. Chili Powder. Water. Grilled Eggplant Slices. Shredded Green Mango.

I first cooked the pork using a pressure cooker to make sure that the meat is tender. Then, I dried the pork pieces before frying them. I prefer crispy meat in this dish! Set aside the pork and saute the garlic, onions, and tomatoes. Then I added the bagoong (Barrio Fiesta regular). I splashed on some white wine vinegar then sprinkled in the chili powder. Honestly I wanted those siling labuyo but didn't have any last night. Finally I added water and tossed back the pork. The dish simmered for about 10 minutes or so. Just make sure that it doesn't dry out ok?

While the pork is simmering, I grilled some eggplant pieces and shredded half of a green mango.

This was how I assembled it: Grilled eggplant slices, then the pork binagoongan, then the shredded green mango.

L-O-V-E.

0 comments: